- 2 ripe avocados, pitted and halved
- 4 large eggs
- kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 3 slices bacon
- Freshly chopped chives, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350°. Place avocados in a baking dish, then crack eggs into a bowl. Using a spoon, transfer yolks to each avocado half, then spoon in as much egg white as you can fit without spilling over.
- Season with salt and pepper and bake until whites are set and yolks are no longer runny, about 20 minutes. (Cover with foil if avocados are beginning to brown.)
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet over medium heat, cook bacon until crisp, 8 minutes, then transfer to a paper towel-lined plate and chop.
- Top avocados with bacon and chives and serve with a spoon.