- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves chopped, plus more for serving
- juice from 2 limes divided
- 1½ pounds chicken thighs sliced
- 4 medium bell peppers seeded and thinly sliced (I used red, yellow, orange, and green)
- 1 medium red onion thinly sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, finely diced
- 1 can of tomato sauce (no sugar added)
To serve (optional):
- Sour Cream
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a 12″ skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onions and allow to cook for about 5 minutes, or until softened and fragrant. Add the bell peppers and cook for about 5 more minutes. Add garlic cloves and cook for 2 more minutes.
- Transfer and set aside on a plate.
- Melt remaining olive oil on the same skillet and brown the chicken. Cook for 5-6 minutes, or until cooked through.
- Add the tomato sauce and let it simmer for 5 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle a little bit of cilantro and serve!