Here is a recipe for deconstructed stuffed peppers:
- 1 pound ground beef (or ground turkey)
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1 cup cooked rice
- 1/2 cup shredded cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large skillet, cook the ground beef over medium-high heat until browned.
- Add the diced bell peppers and onion to the skillet and cook until the vegetables are tender.
- Stir in the tomato sauce and cooked rice.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Sprinkle the shredded cheese over the top of the mixture.
- Cover the skillet and reduce the heat to low. Cook for an additional 5-10 minutes, or until the cheese is melted.
- Serve the deconstructed stuffed peppers hot.
You can customize this recipe by adding other ingredients, such as diced tomatoes, diced zucchini, or black beans. You can also serve the deconstructed stuffed peppers with a side of steamed vegetables or a salad. Enjoy!