- Shortbread crust
- 1 cup walnuts - toasted
- 1 1/2 c almond flour
- 1/2 c (1 stick) softened butter
- 1/4 c granulated sugar substitute
- Dash of pink salt
- 1 c heavy whipping cream
- 2 sticks of softened butter
- 3 tbs brown sugar substitute
- 3 scoops Giant Vanilla Collagen
- Pink salt to taste
- 6 oz Keto chocolate
- 1 tbs coconut oil
- 2 scoops Giant Keto Cocoa
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Line 8x8 baking dish with foil and cooking spray.
- Pulse toasted nuts in a food processor until fine.
- Add almond flour, butter, sugar substitute & salt.
- Pulse until well combined.
- Smooth into bottom of dish.
- Bake at 350 for 15 min.
- Lower oven temperature to 300 and bake for an additional 20-30 min.
- Until edges start to brown.
- Leaving shortbread in the oven, turn the oven off and allow the crust to continue to bake, dry and cool in the oven. (The longer, the better)
Once the crust has completely cooled, you can make the caramel.
- In a heavy saucepan, combine the heavy cream, brown sugar substitute & butter.
- Cook over medium heat.
- Whisking frequently cook caramel until darkened and thick. *this process will take 30-45 min!
- Take caramel off heat while continuing to whisk.
- After 5 min, whisk in collagen and salt.
- Pour caramel over crust.
- Place in freezer to set up (approximately 30 min)
- Once the caramel has set up, prepare the chocolate by slowly melting the chocolate and coconut oil.
- Once completely melted add Giant Keto Cocoa.
- Smooth the melted chocolate over the caramel.
- Place in refrigerator to set.
Millionaire shortbread will set up after about 1 hour in the refrigerator. Cut into 36 pieces by cutting 6x6. Enjoy!
Store in refrigerator.
Any nuts can be used in the shortbread or you can substitute the nuts for an additional 1/2 c almond flour.
Don’t have Giant Vanilla Collagen? Don’t skip it!! It’s what makes a chewy caramel, hard to find in the keto world! Use Giant unflavored collagen in its place. Just replace the 3 tbs brown sugar substitute for 1/3c and add 1 tsp vanilla.
Nutrition: 36 pieces
1.25 net carb
15.8 g fat
2.8 g protein