Iceberg Salad with MCT Dressing
by Eric Gordon on December 02, 2022
- ½ iceberg lettuce, torn into bite-sized pieces by hand
- ¼ white onion, very thinly sliced
- 1 tsp oregano
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp white vinegar
- ¼ cup, black olives
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese, grated (optional)
- ¼ cup sunflower seeds (optional)
- With your hands torn the iceberg lettuce leaves into bite-sized pieces.
- In a small bowl combine the thinly sliced onion (if you have a mandolin for this you can use it), oregano, salt, pepper, and vinegar, and set aside to let it macerate for at least 10 minutes.
- To assemble the salad: arrange the lettuce in a large bowl, scatter the onion mixture, sprinkle parmesan cheese and sunflower seeds on top. Finish it up by drizzling mct and olive oil all over the salad. Add a pinch of salt and pepper to finish it up