A summer mixed salad is a perfect way to get your daily dose of vitamins and minerals. This low-fat salad is filled with crunchy cucumber, juicy red peppers, and your favorite leafy greens. It's an easy to make dish that packs a lot of flavor and nutrition. The combination of cucumber and peppers gives it a sweet and savory taste, while the healthy greens add freshness and texture. This salad is perfect for those hot summer days when you want something light but satisfying. Make sure to use high-quality ingredients for optimum flavor - fresh vegetables are key! To top it off, you can drizzle some olive oil or balsamic vinegar to give it a delicious finish.
- 2 cups of shredded lettuce
- 1/2 cup minced red bell peppers
- 1/2 cup chopped cucumber
- 1/4 cup diced tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons low fat feta cheese crumbles
- 2 tablespoons olive oil based dressing
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large bowl, combine the lettuce, bell peppers, cucumber, and tomatoes. Toss gently until ingredients are evenly distributed.
- Sprinkle the feta cheese crumbles on top of the salad mix.
- Drizzle two tablespoons of an olive oil based dressing over the salad mix and toss lightly to coat all of the ingredients with the dressing.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste, then serve immediately or chill in refrigerator for up to two hours before serving.