Savory Bacon Wrapped Meatloaf
by Eric Gordon on December 22, 2017
It doesn't get much better than Bacon Wrapped Meatloaf! Try this keto-friendly main dish that will surely make the whole family happy!
- Ground Beef (80% lean) 3.3lbs
- Bacon 1 lb
- Cheese 7 oz
- Almond Flour 3.5 oz
- Chives 2 oz
- 1 Egg Large
- Italian Seasoning 1 tbsp
- Wholegrain Mustard 1 tbsp
- Paprika 1 tsp
- Salt 1 tsp
- Red Wine Vinegar 1 tsp
- Pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 175°C (350°C).
- Chop the chives into small pieces and grate the cheese.
Put all the ground beef into a large mixing bowl and add the almond flour, chives, egg, Italian seasoning, paprika, salt, and pepper.
Mix everything well, ensuring you spread the ingredients and seasonings through the mixture equally.
Move the mixture into a greased baking tray, and form the meatloaf into a rectangular shape. Ensure the meatloaf has an equal depth throughout by pressing down on each area with your hands.
- Spread the wholegrain mustard over the top of the meatloaf, distributing it equally along the surface.
- Put the grated cheese on top of the mustard-covered meatloaf, ensuring an even distribution. You may use whichever cheese you like, but medium-hard cheeses such as mozzarella, gouda, gruyere, and cheddar work well.
- Make a bacon weave. This is probably the most difficult part of the entire recipe, but it’s not so hard once you get the hang of it.