Protein Rice Crispy Treats
by Eric Gordon on September 19, 2022
Looking for a fast digesting, high carb protein snack to fuel your workout? Well these protein rice crispy treats deliver 14g protein and 31g carbs making them the ultimate pre-workout snack! These sweet treats are so easy to make, yet simply delicious!
⏲️ Cook Time
- 1-1/2 cups of GSI Whey Protein in Vanilla Ice Cream
- 6 cups of rice crispy cereal (preferably Kellogg’s brand, but any brand works fine)
- 6 cups of small white marshmallows
- 3 tbsp. of butter (any butter works fine; unsalted/ salted)
- Place a large saute pan onto the stove top and adjust heat setting to low
- Throw the butter onto the pan and allow it it melt (be sure to line the bottom of the pan)
- Once the butter has fully melted, slowly pour in the marshmallows while stirring (be sure to fully stir until the marshmallow clumps are gone)
- Pour in the protein powder while stirring (be sure to fully stir the mixture until the protein powder is fully mixed in).
- Then add the rice crispy cereal in and throughly mix together all the ingredients
- Line a 9×13 baking pan with non-stick cooking spray (too little spraying will cause the rice crispy treats to stick to the pan and we all know that’s a messy clean up!)
- Allow the treats to fully cool for about 1 or 2 hours.
- Cut the treats into 12 squares